Trinity benefits. For every $100 Zehrs/NoFrills card purchased, Trinity earns $5. For all the other supermarkets, Trinity earns $4 on each $100. The percentage that Trinity gets goes to help pay our general operating expenses.
The gift card program is a very successful fundraiser:
- Over the past three years, profit from gift card sales has contributed $13,400 to Trinity’s General Fund.
- Since its inception in 2004 to the end of 2013, this program has contributed over $47,700 to the General Fund at Trinity.
- We had our best ever results from gift card sales in 2012. We sold $106,275 in gift cards, and earned over $5,000 for Trinity!
Where can I buy gift cards?
Grocery cards are for sale every Sunday morning in the Stevenson Street lobby, and throughout the week in the church office. We stock cards for all the major grocery stores in Guelph, namely Zehrs & NoFrills, Metro & Food Basics, and Sobeys & FreshCo.
We maintain a supply of the Zehr's/No Frills cards in denominations of $25, $50, $100, and $250; and Sobeys/FreshCo in denominations of $50 and $100; and Metro/Food Basics in denominations of $50 and $100.
We carry a small inventory of cards for Tim Hortons, Cara, and Canadian Tire. These are available for sale on Sunday mornings. (They are not available in the church office.)
How can I order gift cards?
- Pick up an Order Form from the gift card seller on Sunday morning, or from the church office. Alternatively, you can
download an order form
and print it.
- Fill in the quantity for each gift card you are ordering.
- Submit your completed order form, with payment, to the gift card seller on Sunday morning, or to the church office.
- Note: Orders are submitted to Avgen Incentives Group on the last Sunday of the month, and are available for pickup the following Sunday morning.
Participants enjoy the opportunity to use gift cards themselves, give them to others as gifts, and feel good about helping Trinity.
In addition to the grocery gift cards, other gift cards from Avgen are ordered monthly on the last Sunday of the month, and are available for pick up the following Sunday. The list includes Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Rona, Old Navy, Sears, Laura Secord, Winners, Mark's Work Warehouse, Swiss Chalet, M & M Meats, Petro Canada, Staples, Best Buy and many more. (See the order form for the complete list of participating retailers.)
The order form lists the participating retailers and the denominations available. For example, Canadian Tire offers cards in denominations of $10, $25, $50, and $100. The order form also shows the discount from each vendor. Canadian Tire gives a 4.0% discount. Thus, if you purchase a $100 Canadian Tire gift card, Trinity earns $4.00.